LANSING, MI – There was no winner of the $286 million Powerball jackpot for the drawing held on Saturday, August 21. However, detailed national results for the drawing were not available as of 11 a.m. Sunday as the Powerball website was down.
The Michigan Lottery website reports the jackpot for the drawing on Monday, August 23 will be worth $293 million, but there was no indication of what the cash option will be worth.
The Powerball Numbers (white) for August 21: 16-28-36-39-59
The Red Powerball Power Number: 4
The Power Play Number: 2
Powerball winners for August 21:
· In Michigan, eight tickets sold won $200 in the drawing. That was the largest prize won in the state.
· In Michigan, 27,941 tickets sold won at least $4 in the drawing.
Powerball is offered in 44 States, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. Players select five white numbers from (1 to 69) and one red ball (1 to 26). Tickets cost $2 each.
In other Michigan Lottery news:
· The next Mega Millions drawing is Tuesday, August 24 with an estimated jackpot of $270 million and a cash option of $196.7 million.
· The next Lotto 47 drawing is Wednesday August 25 at 7:29 p.m. with a jackpot of $1.05 million. Deadline is 7:08 p.m. that day.
· Sunday’s Fantasy 5 jackpot is an estimated $110,000. The drawing is at 7:29 p.m. Deadline is 7:08 p.m.
For the latest on Michigan Lottery, check out the official Michigan Lottery site, which also offers more information on instant tickets, raffles and other lottery games.
The last players from Michigan to win a Mega Millions or Powerball jackpot is the Wolverine FLL lottery club which claimed a $1.05 billion jackpot in March. With their winnings, the group plans to give back to the community.
And while they were lucky winners, it’s smart for players to check their tickets immediately as a winner worth $1 million sold in Hartland in 2019 went unclaimed. The ticket was purchased at the Speedway in Hartland, but the winner never came forward to claim the prize. The money instead went to the state’s School Aid Fund.
If you’d like to be the next player from Michigan to win a huge lottery prize, take a look at these tips from lottery expert Richard Lustig. The author of “Learn How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning The Lottery” has won more than $1 million in Florida by winning top jackpot prizes in smaller games.