LONER incel Jake Davison attacked a man and his pregnant girlfriend five years before the Plymouth shooting but police “did nothing”, it has been claimed.
Scott Hobbs says he was battered 15 times by Davision before the gun nut pushed his pregnant partner Sherrie to the ground outside a Tesco in Plymouth in 2016.
Both Scott and Sherrie were taken to hospital after the savage attack with Sherrie terrified that she could have lost the baby.
“Police just gave me a victim of crime leaflet,” Scott told the Mirror.
“The police didn’t seem to take it very seriously.”
“Sherrie was about 12 weeks pregnant at the time of the attack. I heard this clatter behind me and turned to see his fist heading towards my face.
“He knocked Sherrie over while punching me and she landed on her front. She had pains. We were worried about the baby for days.
“I’d never seen him before that day and had no idea who he was or why he had attacked me.”
Scott also revealed that Davison threatened to use a gun on him during a harassment campaign that forced the couple out of their family home.
The day after the couple returned home from A&E, they saw Davison at a supermarket and immediately called the police.
“Then the next day I was in the supermarket when I saw him again,” Scott recalled.
“I rang the police straight away and said, ‘He’s here, I can see him’.
“He saw us and started strutting towards us. He wasn’t saying anything, but his manner was very intimidating.
“He was stalking me through the car park.”
Sherrie added: “He said, ‘I’m going to get a gun on to you’ and was pretending to fire a gun.”
Davison, then 17, later stalked the couple’s home.
“After that whenever he saw us he started trailing us,” Scott said.
‘NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT’
“He knew where we lived and would stare at the window whenever he passed.
“I told police but they said he was nothing to worry about. We moved house in 2018 and a big part of the reason for that was him.”
But Scott was told by pollice that there was “nothing to worry about” and now feels that he should have pressed harder for them to do something more about what happened.
“I feel maybe this [the shooting spree] would not have happened,” he added.
Scott’s ordeal comes as Devon and Cornwall Police face mounting criticism over failing to trawl through Davison’s online activity before giving back his gun.
Devon and Cornwall chief constable Shaun Sawyer admitted his force feared invading the 22-year-old’s privacy.
He said: “We take and return firearms on a not irregular basis when people have emotional crises or we receive reports from family members, then they can be returned.
“What we don’t do, because firearms licencing is a lawful thing, is trawl the internet looking at people’s lives. That’s an invasion of privacy.”
Davison’s pump action shotgun was handed back last month.
He shot dead five people, including his mother and three-year-old Sophie Martyn, and injured two others in Plymouth, Devon, on Thursday before killing himself.
Tory MP Tim Loughton called for more rigorous checks before guns are returned.
He said: “Surely, those must include scrutinising social media to get a full idea of the person’s background.
“It’s a matter of public record. It’s a misunderstanding of social media to suggest it would be invading their privacy.”
In one chilling post, Davison had revealed his obsession with the 1987 massacre in Hungerford, Berks.
He also liked hundreds of gun videos on YouTube.
Today, tributes poured in for the victims including hero dad Lee Martyn who made the “ultimate sacrfice” trying to safe his three year old daughter.
Mr Martyn, 43, bravely shielded his daughter Sophie as Davison carried out his six-minute shooting spree.
Lee had been walking home with his adopted daughter Sophie when Davison turned his sights on them and pulled the trigger.
His distraught wife Becky, 42, an intensive care nurse who has helped Covid victims, was last night being comforted by friends.
Home Secretary Priti Patel paid her respects by today placing a large bouquet of flowers near to the scene.
Locals last night held a candlelit vigil in memory of the victims in North Down Crescent Park.
And Plymouth City Council said a minute’s silence will be held at 11am on Monday.