Apple’s second-gen AirPods are more of a refinement than a revolution, but if you’ve been waiting for the price to come down before jumping on the AirPods bandwagon, now might be the best time to do so. Although they’re often discounted to just shy of $160, Apple’s iconic earbuds and their wireless charging case are now available at Amazon for $130, the steepest price cut we’ve seen on the in-ears to date.
The latest AirPods lack the noise cancellation and flexible design found on the AirPods Pro, however, they still manage to deliver satisfying sound quality and dependable battery life. Plus, they’re incredibly easy to use with both Apple and Android devices, even if you do lose the double-tap gestures and a bit of convenience with the latter operating system. Read our review.
If you’re a PlayStation gamer, Amazon is currently discounting Returnal and a range of PS5 exclusives, along with at least one of Sony’s first-party accessories: the PlayStation HD Camera. The simple black-and-white device is built with streamers in mind, and as such, it features dual 1080p lenses, a built-in stand, and a set of software tools that let you crop your background or remove it entirely if you’re utilizing a green screen. It’s not compatible with the PSVR — Sony has confirmed as much — but it’s still a great way to broadcast yourself alongside your gameplay. Right now, it’s available at Amazon for $40, the best price we’ve seen on the Sony peripheral since it launched in November.
While many of us can understand the appeal of traditional books, there’s no denying the appeal of a device like the Kindle Paperwhite. Amazon’s 10th-gen device is a great way to lug your books around town — whether you own one or 1,000 titles — and comes with a crisp 300ppi, six-inch E Ink panel and support for Audible audiobooks. It’s also waterproof and, unlike most modern devices, lasts for weeks on a single charge, meaning you rarely need to worry about grabbing a power brick before heading out the door. Normally $130, the 8GB, ad-supported version of the Kindle Paperwhite is available at Target today for $85, one of the best deals we’ve encountered on the popular e-reader outside of Amazon Prime Day. Read our review.
Other deals of note
- Logitech’s MX Master 2S is $50 at Lenovo with promo code MXMASTER50, matching the best price we’ve seen on the last-gen wireless mouse.
- The 2020 iPad Air with 64GB of storage and Wi-Fi is $100 off at Amazon and Best Buy, a discount that puts it in line with its best price to date. Read our review.
- Apple’s M1-powered Mac Mini with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage is $70 off at Amazon (discount applies at checkout), bringing the desktop machine to an all-time low of $599. Read our review.
- A one-year, individual subscription to 1Password is $18, a cool $7 off the typical list price. For a limited time, you can also save $20 on an annual family plan, which allows for up to five family members, shared vaults, and unlimited devices.
- Both editions of Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit are available at Best Buy for $75, matching the best price we’ve seen on the clever, remote-controlled racing title. Read our review.
- A three-foot, AmazonBasics USB-A to Lightning cable is $4 at Woot for Prime Members, a significant discount on the basic Apple accessory.
- The Beats Studio Buds are $130 at Amazon and Walmart, the first discount Apple’s fitness-focused earbuds have received since launching in June. Read our review.
- Best Buy has Geek Squad-certified refurbished versions of the Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro in silver for $85, a discount of $115 off their list price. Read our review.