While the iPhone 12 was certainly a smash hit, a recent survey spells great potential for the iPhone 13 lineup.
A new survey from SellCell has found that 43.7% of iPhone owners plan to upgrade to the iPhone 13 when it is released this fall. The three biggest reasons that consumers said would cause them to upgrade are the rumors of a 120Hz high refresh rate display, an under-display Touch ID sensor, and an always-on display.
While the 120Hz display has all but been confirmed, it does appear that the feature will be reserved for the iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max. The other two rumors, while present, have not garnered enough evidence to be a surety for those wanting them.
Those who took the survey also said that a portless design and reverse wireless charging would be the least popular reasons to upgrade this year.
Below are the highlights of the survey:
- Higher refresh rate display, under-display Touch ID, always-on display, and smaller notch / notch-less design topped the list of most exciting rumored features of iPhone 13 at 22%, 18.2%, 16%, 10.9%, respectively.
- Portless design, faster WiFi 6E connectivity, and reverse wireless charging are among the least favorite features at 0.8%, 1.1%, and 1.5%, respectively.
- 43.7% of iPhone owners intend to upgrade to iPhone 13 after it is released.
- The standard 6.1-inch iPhone 13 is the model of choice for 38.2% of potential buyers, followed by the 6.7-inch iPhone 13 Pro Max (30.8%), the 6.1-inch iPhone 13 Pro (24%), and the 5.4-inch iPhone 13 Mini (7%).
- When it comes to Apple’s other incoming releases, 27.3% are looking forward to buying the Apple Watch Series 7, while only 12.9% are interested in the AirPods 3.
Apple is expected to announce the new iPhone 13 lineup at a virtual event in September with a release schedule back to normal after deviating from that schedule in 2020 due to the pandemic. The new iPhones are expected to feature a smaller notch, 120Hz displays on the Pro models, a new camera system, and notable upgrades to battery life.